The House Church was located on the third floor of the princely house of the Yusupovs. It was arranged and designed according to the project of the academician of architecture V.A. Quesnel (1834 - 1893), consecrated in March 1881 and operated until 1917.
All significant events of the family of the Yusupov princes took place in the church: on April 4, 1882, Princess Zinaida Nikolaevna Yusupova and Count Felix Felixovich Sumarokov-Elston were married here. Five years later, their youngest son Felix was baptized here, in the mournful days of June 1908, the 25-year-old elder Nicholas was buried. In 1915, Emperor Nicholas II was present at the baptism of Irina, the daughter of Felix Yusupov, together with his mother, the Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna.
In 1926, the church ceased to exist, in the 1930s it was completely dismantled and turned into a lecture hall.
You can learn about the history of the Yusupov princes' own home temple, amazing episodes of its construction, famous people who have been here at the exhibition "The Revival of the Temple", which opened in 2014.
Acquaintance with the recreated interiors of the Yusupovs' home church is possible during the excursion "Through the princely living quarters"