The house church is located on the third floor of the Yusupov palace. It was arranged and designed according to the project of the academician of architecture V.A. Quesnel (1834 - 1893), consecrated in March 1881 and was used until 1917.
All significant events of the family of the Yusupov princes passed through the church: on April 4, 1882, they were married here Princess Zinaida Nikolaevna Yusupova and Count Felix Feliksovich Sumarokov-Elston. Five years later, their youngest son Felix was baptized here, in the mournful June the days of 1908 were the funeral service for the 25-year-old elder Nicholas. In 1915, at the baptism of Irina, daughter of Felix Yusupov, Emperor Nicholas II was present together with his mother, Empress Dowager Maria Feodorovna.
In 1926 the church ceased its existence, in the 1930s it was completely dismantled and turned into a lecture Hall.
Learn about the history of the house church of the Yusupov princes, amazing episodes of its construction, famous people who have been here.
You can see all this at the exhibition "The Renaissance of the Temple", which was opened in 2014.
Acquaintance with the recreated interiors of the Yusupovs' house church is possible during the excursion “Through the princely living quarters".